Re: emulating a cheap sampling toy

--- samba - <sambacomet@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I got a Vtech toy guitar amp at the
> thrift store for 2 bucks
> .It has a 1/4 inch in and gets a distortion sound a
> lot of rock players
> would pay hundreds for.

I used to have an old tube open-reel recorder that I
picked up at a yard sale for 50 cents. The heads were
trashed so it would no longer record or play, but the
amp circuit still worked. It sounded exactly like a
CRANKED AC-30, only at about the volume level of a
normal conversation. I wish I still had that thing.

-t-