Re: emulating a cheap sampling toy

For authentic old-timey analog "futzing" or "worldizing", a common
film-sound tool is a coffin-sized heavy box lined with foam or
insulation containing a torn radio speaker (or whatever) and a mic. If
DSP simulations leave you wanting it might be fun to try building a
stomp-box sized version of this idea...