From: thetoyroom@comcast.net
Sent: Feb 1, 2005 12:34 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: plastic chorus pedal = gold Re: Sonic Alienator - bit
reduction / decimation pedal

>>>(Arion's still-super-cheap analog delay is wonderful, BTW, but I
>already have a
plastic MXR Time Delay that is my personal path to g*d.)
~Tim

but that goes to show you that taste is in the eye of the beholder, so to
speak.
There's a local vintage shop near me that was blowing out the plastic MXR
time delays for 50 bucks or something like that...needless to say I was
very intrigued...until i plugged it in and felt it was weak and
uninspiring.  What good is an analog delay that won't even regenerate into
self-oscillation?  hehe.

no offense, though, Tim.  If it works, use the hell out of it!

as for cheapo pedals that I recently have liked...I borrowed my band mates
Danelectro Daddy-O distortion pedal.   Yum!  very sweet into my little
vibrochamp.

Anybody have any hints for bass overdrive?  Tried out the Boss ODB-3 and
the Digitech Bass Driver.  Ick on both of them.  My Sans Amp Bass Driver
overdrives very nice, but it's duty right now is my primary preamp to my
bass rig, so I can't be stomping on it as an overdrive pedal.  My best bet
right now is overdriving the signal using my Hughes and Kettner Replex, on
the reverb channel with the reverb turned all the way down, so the signal
is just gettting cranked through the preamp tube.  It's a monster of a
pedal, though, and I prefer it at home in front of my guitar amp.

Anybody tried the MXR M-80 on bass?

geek out,
rich