Re: how to make keyboards look more cool

Title: Nachricht
While this may not be practical for some gigs, putting your keyboard on top of a beautiful woman who is lying down on a table will help make your keyboard practically invisible, while at the same time stealing some eyeball action from the singer and lead guitar player.  Make that a nude woman and you'll be able to book more solo shows too.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 4:53 PM
Subject: how to make keyboards look more cool

Dear Keyboard players,

it is a well known fact that keyboards are the most uncool looking instruments out there on the typical rock stage. I've come to the conclusion that, apart from specific less than perfect design concepts of some manufacturers, one of the main reasons is the actual keyboard itself, i.e. the big white surface.

I'm thinking about a proper redesign for a project of mine (combining death metal and jungle/dnb influences). I do not want to paint my keyboard, so the question is:

Has anybody experience with a redesign of the keyboard, e.g. by putting some kind of coloured (black, dark grey) material on top, which can be put in place and removed quickly, and which will not adversely affect the playing itself?

        Rainer