From: Larry Cooperman [mailto:coop@newmillguitar.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 1:54 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: 'You actually do Loop, right?' Or' Do you play an instrument
or
a device?' (was) RE: Re......

On Feb 15, 2005, at 10:42 AM, Alan Kroeger wrote:

>  Just curious Larry and this by no means or implies you should not be
> here if the answer is no but, you do actually own/use a looping
> device, right?

not anymore Alan, so I'm the unsanctioned.  After July I sold them all.
  I actually left them at y2k4, totally forgot them and had to drive back
up
to Santa Cruz to get them.
> It's fine that someone pops off about too much gearhead'ism round here
> cause sometimes that does seem to be the topic of the day. Heck I
> don't even mind if they don't loop or ever plug in and want to make a
> comment about overusage of Electro Toys.

I do use processors though and have a good time with noise and such.
> I personally do keep acoustic instruments around and even
> play/practice unplugged because (yes) sometimes the devices take over
> and you end up playing them and not the instrument you supposedly
> play. Now that isn't necessarily a bad thing either but, it can become
> difficult to decide if you actually play a guitar or a violin or a
> synth/multi effect/Looper...

I understand that these things cost a lot of money.  i get them off of eBay
because they're cheap.  I'm looking at my stuff: Marshall JMP-1, Carvin
Tone
Navigator, Apex 204, Digiteck TSP-12,  Digitech Studio Quad and a stereo
guitar.  I'm not immune to this stuff.  I am a teenager too, you know and
still have trouble realizing I'm not.

It's just music that gets sidetracked when you've got a gear hankering.

Larry Cooperman
New Millennium Guitar
http://www.newmillguitar.com