Re: a usable laptop set-up (audio clip)

Hi Per this is an interesting topic, to me as you know I would like to
be able to loop with just my laptop.
I hope you don't mind if I ask you some questions about your general
approach as I have been looking for a musically interesting(to me) and
reliable way of looping on a laptop. I have just bought live 4 and so
will be checking this myself as I had no results with augustus and
logic other than crashes!
1st off love the demo clips, guess thats whats got me writing!
You are using Augutus loop in ableton live 4?
I see you used multiple example of augustus loop in live i.e. having a
2 channel looper (2 augustus loops)
How do you find controlling them with your fcb 1010? any limitations?
good working practices you have come accross? i.e. how are you
controlling the two different examples of augustus loop, different midi
channels....?
I love the way you have assigned the pitch to footpedals sounds great.
> If you mean the clips I posted, they run two instances of Augustus
> Loop; one feeding Pluggo Rye and the other feeding Pluggo Speed
> Shifter. And then I was changing the pitch of the two Augustus loopers
> from a Behringer pedal while playing. Doing that also changes the
> length of the loops, but I like that because it's getting into some
> sort or "out-of-meter rhythm".
I am assuming from your post that you are changing the pitch of the
loop in augustus loop is that correct and if so what are you using for
sync settings in augustus? have you got it sync'd to live and if so
what happens when you start changing the pitch of loops.

Interesting hearing what you said about pluggo stuff I gave up with it
in os9 as i wasn't that impressed, it was all a bit too glitchy at that
time in my life, will check it again.
best dishes
geoff