Re: When does it end?

Jeff,

In a message dated 02/21/05 9:31:02, jeff@sccadv.com writes:

I'm curious to hear if anyone else has the same bittersweet dilemma:
Revolving Gear Syndrome.

Yeah. It's a lesser known malady, related to G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition
Syndrome). Heheheh. I tend to go for long periods of not changing
anything' cause I've found a set of sounds and a way of working I
really like/enjoy. I can be fairly content with this for extended periods.

But, after a while, dissatisfaction/boredom creeps in -- over the
months or even years. Suddenly, something snaps and all is chaos.
Then, everything is continually in flux 'til I find that "new" way of
sounding, listening, working and re-working the gear and my method
of interacting with it 'til I have hit on an area of interest that renews
my curiosity, sense of wonder and joy in simple noisemaking.

I am in one of those states of chaos right now -- waiting for the arrival
of the next phase (or for age and this decrepit corpus to catch up with me).

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???

"Just because nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."