Re: software looping

I just noticed that you're the author of SL (right?).
Can't say thanks enough!  I am now subscribed to the
SL mailling list, and love it.  The only downside to
software looping is that you can't trigger recording /
overdubbing with the mouse / keyboard using your hands
and play guitar/whatever at the same time.  =)  So a
midi foot pedal is pretty much a necessity.  But I
found one of those that was pretty inexpensive, so I
LOVE what I see so far.  Thanks!

Also, the other thing that discovering SL opened up
for me was that using the required Jack application,
you can route audio from other apps through to SL
(which I didn't know before).  So last night I was
playing software instruments in GarageBand while
looping in SL, and it worked pretty well, aside from
the fact that GB is a resource-hogging monster.  =)

Mike