Re: mac recording question

At 8:23 PM -0500 2/25/05, Aptrev@aol.com wrote:

>I was just assuming that an osX eMac would be converting at 24bit/96kHz
>but I
>really have no idea and no specs handy.

24-bit maybe, but probably 48kHz sampling rate (that's what my G5 has).

You'd need to look at and listen to more than the raw numbers for bit
depth and sampling rate. The quality of the analog input and of the
converter can vary over a wide range from one device to another.
Otherwise why would people spent thousands on high-end converters?

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://salamandersongs.com