From: Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill [mailto:rs@moinlabs.de]
Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2005 6:26 AM
To: Looper's Delight Mailing List
Subject: wanted: MIDI watchdog

Do any of you know of a device that does the following:

It will react to a lack of MIDI clock (or a lack of a defined MIDI
message recurring regularily) and when this event occurs, start to
either

        * send a MIDI message
        * start to play something itself (i.e. cheap drum machine, loop
(!))

And it should be cheap! And it shouldn't be a piece of software.

The idea behind this. I don't trust in laptops. With the setup I'm
currently about to create, situations are imaginable where the musical
flow will be endangered when the laptop crashes. So if it fails, I want
something to continue "in the beat".

        Rainer