Re: All-Laptop live?? (was RE: RE: A poll--shoes off?)

On Mar 7, 2005, at 19:30, hazard factor wrote:

> So has someone on this list gone *all laptop* with a line-out to the
> PA?

For some gigs I have used only a laptop, but I wouldn't say I've gone
"all laptop" for that. Still there's no software that can match the EDP
for "cut up slice looping". The big advantage I see in laptop looping
is that you set up pedals for transposing your live loops though
different keys and chord changes. As well of having access to more
effects (not many to be used at the same time, though).

>  I heard Johnny McLaughlin tours this way.

AFAIK John uses Logic to emulate his effect rack in the laptop
(powerbook).

> Does anyone at least use Abelton
> Live as a live looper?

No. But as the host applications for live looping plug-ins. Ableton
Live is cool for looping but doesn't fit my taste for LIVE looping ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---
http://www.looproom.com (international)