Re: A poll--shoes off? (was RE: video: ableton live)

Kris -

Yeah it's about the music -- and yeah this is a kind of silly topic.  And
silly can be fun too.  And informative.

Thing is, if you think people don't have feelings and impressions about
your
music based on how you look, how you act, and how you speak, then you're
fooling yourself, mate.

If your really good, people will forgive shortcomings *they perceive* in
how
you look, how you act and how you speak.  Or not.  People are that way.
Unpredictable.   I'm not saying you should change how you are -- but it's
good to be aware of what impressions you are making.

Where I play, I would never consider performing shoes off, rack in front of
me and sitting down with headphones.  I'm not sure I'm good enough to
overcome all the collected prejudices I feel my audiences have towards
these
things.  I'm in Boston.  Tough fucking crowds here dude.

David