Free Jazz (was RE: Breaking out of the box / loop music samples)

I just spent some time with Google trying to find a quote, perhaps you
folks
can help . . .
I believe it was spoken by Lionel Hampton, and is something like;
"Americans like jazz, as long as they get it free with Sunday brunch."
My point is that there is a lot of "free" entertainment out there--online
music etc--
Gary
PS  Nothing I do seems to be groundbreaking enough to record and post--but
it's great entertainment for me!