Re: Breaking out of the box / loop music samples

Ha,

| On Mar 16, 2005, at 7:40 PM, Jesse Lucas wrote:
| > Yeah, I went to some of those web sites and recorded the music out of
| > my computer's soundcard straight onto my mp3 player.  Sounds great!
| > And it keeps people from getting ahold of your music for free, I hear.
|
| my favourite is when some totally paranoid schizo puts his music on his
| site as an m3u or an rm file so you can just open the link in a text
| editor and grab the actual location of the file.

I find one of the more silly methods of "protecting your work" - a
Javascript routine made to prevent people from right-clicking on graphics,
that also prevents one from right-clicking to Show Picture when it's not
visible. :)

| > Stephen Goodman wrote:
| >> * "All men shall be my slaves! All women shall succumb to my charms!
| >> All
| >> mankind shall grovel at my feet and not know why!"
| >>   - L. Ron Hubbard, "Personal Affirmations"
| >> * * http://BuffaloScientologyInfo.com - http://www.xenu.net
|
| so does john travolta ever phone you up and threaten to rough you up
| for that link in your sig?

He should be able to do so remotely with his OatTee Powerz!  After all the
so-called OTs are supposed to be able to be "at cause over Matter, Energy,
Space and Time ('MEST')", so Tubby Johnny should be able to do it all from
his luxury suite while demanding another fresh Armani t-shirt for the day's
labor, and avoiding airborne perfumes, sprays, and other not-so-awful
"pollutants".

| i hear i'm a fourth level Thetan, or at least the guy i paid 40 grand
| told me so.

Since it costs nearly $320k to get to OT8, without all the extra fees of
course, I'd say you got a bargain.  Well, so long as you were able to
realize it's a load of expensive junk best avoided with the same fever as
reserved for "Battlefield Earth"...

| that fateful day:

http://suitandtieguy.com/sights/fall_fervour_2004/fall_fervour_2004-Pages/Image41.html

http://suitandtieguy.com/sights/fall_fervour_2004/fall_fervour_2004-Pages/Image42.html

http://suitandtieguy.com/sights/fall_fervour_2004/fall_fervour_2004-Pages/Image43.html

Ah, St. Louis!  Near the so-called "Applied Scholastics" front group for
the
cult, which pretends to teach while actually performing indoctrination
drilling.  Notice if you will in the last image, how those hands seem to be
taking the planet apart, as opposed to what was intended by those
commissioning the artwork?  I'm sure it was unconscious.  Inside the
disassembled Earth, the glow of GOLD.  Which is of course Scientology's
main
motivation, as Hubbard wrote: "Make money.  Make more money.  Make others
make more money."

Unfortunately for the cult they're getting their "Narconon" front group's
butts kicked out of schools all over the US, after Isaac Asimov's daughter
wrote a great series of exposes in SF's Chronicle (Examiner?) about its
"bad
science" and sheer absence of verifiable proof of anything the group
preaches - and the fact that it's not really a "drug prevention" program at
all.

I'll stop now, and if anyone wants to discuss this off-list feel free.

Stephen Goodman
* Cartoons about DVDs and Stuff
* http://www.earthlight.net/HiddenTrack
* http://www.medialinenews.com
*
* "You can  write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way
you can control anybody is to lie to them."
*   - L. Ron Hubbard, "Technique 88"
*
* "Radiation is apparently enormously water-soluble as well as water
removable.  According to researchers, one merely has to take a hose to a
building surface or a road to wash the radiation off of it. This factor is
well known to defense trained personnel."
*  - L. Ron Hubbard, Clear Body, Clear Mind, page 47
*
"The anti-drug campaign sounds like a red herring to me - they are just
trying to promote Scientology in our schools. I really do not know why the
police are supporting them."
- A parent of a 15-year-old attending Secondary School in Westminster UK,
2004
*
"We would not for a moment consider allowing Scientologists to come into
our
school."
* - Joe Heggarty, governor of St Vincent's RC primary school, Westminster
UK
* from The Wood & Vale newspaper, at http://tinyurl.com/5qmg4