Re: running two amps at once

Do you mean have the loops coming out of one amp, and your "live" sound
coming out of the other?

An A/B switch or any stereo pedal will let you do this. Just plug your
guitar into the pedal/switch/whatever, and put on output into your
boomerang/amp, and the other straight into an amp.

An A/B switch isn't NEEDED to run two amps. It is needed if you want to
be able to select what amp/combination of amps you want on at any given
time.

"My reason for doing this is to cut down on some of the increased
gain/distorted signal caused by playing over top of a musical sample
through the same amp."

Get an amp with more headroom!

Jacob