Re: Mobius Beta 7 Available

a k butler wrote:
 > There's lot's of EDP stuff that Mobius doesn't touch (e.g. Interface
 > Modes)

True.  Aside from random bugs, the following are the more obvious EDP
features that are not currently supported by Mobius.

   External synchronization in general
   Most long presses
   Loop Windowing
   Short Undo
   TempoSelect
   ReAlign
   MuteReAlign
   QuantMIDIStartSong
   MuteQuantMIDIStartSong
   QuantStartPoint
   BeatTriggerSample
   MIDIBeatSync
   MIDI Smart Buttons, also known as "Double Clicks"
   SamplerStyle=Attack
   Velocity triggering
   Loop/Delay (InterfaceMode)

 >, and some that it never will because the way the memory is used
 > is fundamentally different (Loop Windowing).

Actually, I had said this in some of my very early messages, but since
then I've changed the memory architecture and a side effect is that
loop windowing is now rather trivial.  I postponed this to add VST
support, but you will eventually be able to move the window forward
and backward, and "nudge" the edges forward and backward using the
pitch bend wheel to give you more control over the size and content of
the window.

 > ...and no "Reverse Sniplets"

I'm intrigued, what is this? :-)

 > hoping that you will continue to expand the feature set
 > way beyond EDP in many ways.

Thanks.  The feature that seems to be generating the most interest
right now is scripts.  In a simple example, you can use them like
"macros" to perform functions using a set of parameter values that may
be different from the current preset.  In more complex examples you
can use them to "sequence" a set of functions to happen at specific
times, either absolute or relative to the length of the loop.  Scripts
really became necessary when people started trying to control multiple
looper tracks, for example retriggering tracks 1 & 2, muting track 3,
and starting a record in track 4.

But I could drone on about this forever :-) If anyone is interested in
more detail there is a Yahoo group at groups.yahoo.com/group/zonemobius.

Regards,
Jeff