Re: basic loop equipment

I just want a practice
tool---not a mega-recording station or something like that.
The great thing about looping vs. other recording is the instant ability to lay some backing down, and...zoom! you are playing melodies over the top.  Like any tool, the quicker you can use it, the more likely you are to ...use it!  It becomes rather transparent.  Looping has done more for my practicing/playing than about anything I've ever used.

So, if there's any choice between looper and recorder, I'd go with a looper.

Another easy, basic looper is the Line6 DL4, but it only has 14 seconds (28 @ 1/2 speed).

David

Stephanie Stemmler wrote:
one other quick question, Tim. My son found something called a Tascam MF-PO1
digital cassette recorder. There's also a Zoom digital recorder. Are these
types of recorders okay? the cassette one is $99. While I know you get what
you pay for, if this is for practising for my son and me, would one of these
suffice?  I saw reviews that say cassettes should go by the wayside in favor
of digital---but for practice (and not live performing) are they okay?