Re: Live 4 (1st loop)

Per Boysen wrote:
> Well, I'm not that sure I could be to much help. Do you have any
> specific questions regarding Live 4? If so, please post them and we can
> have a discussion!

This isn't really related to the original post, but since we're
talking about Live I have a question regarding "1st loop capability".

I know Live doesn't do 1st loop, but I'm trying to do something
similar with a looping plugin.  The plugin starts sending MIDI clocks
as soon as the loop length is set, Live is configured to receive
external sync, and I use a MIDI loopback device to pipe the MIDI
output from the plugin back into Live.  Except for a bug in the plugin
that causes the clock to drift after awhile, this seems to basically
work.

I remember reading on this list several months ago that there was a
fundamental problem with plugins being a sync master for Live, I think
it had something to do with Live's time stretch being controlled by
tempo.  I don't understand this.  Tempo-based time stretch
seems to be exactly what you want if you have audio backing tracks
you want to trigger.

Should this work or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jeff