Re: Behringer FCB1010 MIDI footcontroller setup for the electrix repeater

well, since i spent all day on monday doing this...

1) make sure you've got the FCB1010 and the Repeater communicating on
the same channel. I think the footswitch default is set to channel 1.
If so, all you have to do is make sure the back of the Repeater is set
to Ch 1.

2) the PC numbers in the Repeater manual are indeed one number off.
So..for example, it says "Record" = 3, but actually "Record" = 4.
(fun!)

record -> 3 = 4
undo -> 1 = 2
loop multiply -> 0 = 1

etc...

3) the CC numbers are what they say they are.

4) as for mapping, there are a lot of ways to think of it. i find it
useful to think of one specific piece of music i'd like to do, and map
out what actions on the repeater will make the music. then, i write
those actions down and group them by which one occur most often. the
resulting groups i turn into presets on the FCB1010.
i use a different bank on the FCB1010 for each song.
presets #1 through #5 are always the same on each bank, since i use
them the most and would get confused if they moved around! the other
presets change depending on the song.

so for example:

#5 has the following things in it:
record (PC 4) + feedback level (CC 11 with value = 90)
the #5 preset on bank 02 has the same thing but with a different
feedback level.

#4 :
undo (PC 2)
(it's great to have record and undo next to each other!)

I haven't had a lot of success with the expression pedals. They are
hard for me to reach and control when I'm sitting down. And I find it
too easy to screw up if I leave the pedal in a middle position and then
move to another preset.