Re: Boss DD-20 Upgraded to 46 Seconds of Delay!

I don't understand how (why) this is supposed to work. If you don't record on one channel the memory is allocated to the remaining channel? Is that it? Why wouldn't the muted channel be looping dead air?

Carl

In a message dated 4/22/2005 1:05:12 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, biffoz@arczip.com writes:
Another really versatile way to use both outputs of the DD-20 would be to just run them to two separate channels on a mixer, then just mute (or turn down) whichever channel you want.

-Biffoz
"Running scared from all the usual distractions!"
Now playing 'Rough' at CDBaby.com  www.cdbaby.com/biffoz
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 6:30 AM
Subject: Boss DD-20 Upgraded to 46 Seconds of Delay!

...heh, heh, heh. I thought  that would catch your attention. Here's the straight dope: Set the DD-20 to "pan" delay, and plug into both outputs with the unit in stereo output mode. Mute one output (or just put a dummy jack in it), and set the delay time for 23 seconds. Since the output now pans hard left-hard right, the resulting output from one of the two outputs is 46 seconds. Try it, and you'll buy it. So y'all quit bitchin' and moanin' about only 23 seconds and prime numbers and all that stuff and cook yerself up some real  loopage.

dB, coyote

p.s. I'm still working on the "Guide to the DD-20." The real world is nipping at my heels, tripping me up and keeping me from this important document. Damn! Who needs clean laundry and groceries when you can have 46 seconds of loop-delay?
(Sounds like an Irish lullabye: Loop-Delay, Loop-Delye...)