Re: Too many beeps & boops

In a message dated 4/25/05 1:52:41 PM, zvonar@zvonar.com writes:

The fact that several of you didn't figure this out also attests to the minimal attention you felt TGore44 deserved, but as compulsive noodlers you needed to pipe up about it anyway (just as I, as a compulsive curmudgeon, felt it necessary to gripe about all of you).

Here's why I knew this about TGore44 and you all didn't:

1) I sorted my e-mail by Subject traced the "Too many beeps and boops" thread back to the original poster.

2) I then sorted my e-mail by Who and found that the person had posted an unsubscribe request about five minutes earlier.

3) I also noticed that this person had never posted anything else to the list.

4) i figured out that TGore44 was a casual visitor who had joined the list and quickly decided it was not to his/her liking.

I bring this up as an example of something I've learned to do and that helps me gather all sorts of information. I call it "research." Sometimes I also call it "thinking about something that puzzles you until you figure it out."  Try it! It works great!

here is haw i sort of see it.....
1) TGore44 incorrectly asks to unsub
2) steve burnett kindly gave the proper instructions to unsub
3) TGore44 was made fun of for not spelling corectly
4)
wklemmer1@yahoo.com then posts about "too many beeps and boops"
5) NOT REALIZING TGore44 and wklemmer were the same person, i had asked wklemmer what site they were refering to in hopes of establishing some sort of dialogue  i didn't remember ever seeing wklemmer's nor TGore44's posts on LD before this
6) then read gary's post adressing TGore44 (which was odd because i didn't remember that quote coming from TGore44)
7) now i'm sitting here wondering if i am indeed an uncareing compusive noodler who has not totally gained control of his e-mail program