Re: EDP: Muting input in Multiply

Sam Rogers wrote:
> - mute input (via footpedal switch TBD) while singing
> lyrics, unmuting for specific sections to add to this
> longer loop (16-bars)

To my knowledge there is no input mute on the EDP, but
couldn't you do this just by turning overdub mode off
then using using Overdub or SUSOverdub to
"unmute for specific ion sections".

> - end by re-entering first (drum) loop in Multiply mode,
> add new bassline/guitar/vocals for chorus

You would use NextLoop presumably with SwitchQuant=Cycle.
I don't think there is a way to enter Multiply mode
automatically when entering the next loop.   If you
press Multiply during the switch quantize period
it will perform a "sound copy" which means that the
contents of loop 1 will be replaced with loop 3 before
going into Multiply.  I think you would just have to wait
for the switch, then enter Multiply manually.

> - alternate between loops 3 and 1 in Overdub mode, again
> muting and unmuting the input signal to add next notes of
> chord at each pass, without letting lyrics enter the loop

Since the EDP does not have a PrevLoop function, you would
have to press NextLoop once to go from 3 to 1 and twice
to go from 1 to 3 (assuming MoreLoops=3).  Again, this
assumes that SwitchQuant is on.

Alternately, you could set the LoopTrig parameter, and trigger
the loops directly with footswitches that send the right
MIDI note number.  See he LoopTriggering section (page 5-21)
in the manual.

Jeff