Re: Menomena

Hartung, Kris wrote:
> Sorry for the added irrelevance. Oh man, I love this song, Mark! I have
> three versions of it in MP3 format: the original French version in the
> 60's/70's, Semese Street vesion, and the Muppet Show Version. If anyone
> wants them, let me know...I can send.

I love this one too, and it has an interesting history.  The song was
originally written by Italian film composer Piero Umiliani and first
appeared on the soundtrack of a 1968 soft-core porn documentary titled
"Sweden: Heaven or Hell".  According to some reports, the film was
banned in Sweden for featuring lesbian nightclubs, nudity, and
wife-swapping.  Jim Henson himself picked the song for the Muppets
because he liked it so much, and he was aware of its origin.

Some claim the song was written by French singer Henri Salvador, but
his version was released a year after Umiliani's with different lyrics.
Umiliani died in 2001.

http://www.geocities.com/pieroumiliani/

Jeff