RE: Mathematics, Prime Numbers, & Looping with the EDP

 > I find that a lot of players will play most maj7 chords as lydian.

Same here.  And it won't usually cause any issues.....but the #4 in the
Lydian "could" be an avoid note, if the comper is playing the 5th
interval in the major7 strongly, and the soloist is dwelling on the #4
for too long...but aside from that limited context, it could sound quite
nice as a chromatic fill. Metheny does it all of the time. I love to
play chromatically to generate brief moments of tension and release. In
fact, I don't think I've played a straight vanilla scale or mode in
years!  My finger memory has forgotten how. :)

> Have you checked out George Russell's Lydian Chromatic concept?

Yup. Haven't applied it in some time, though, unfortunately.

Kris