From: Ben [mailto:benoitruelle@yahoo.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 4:03 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Doug's gratuitous introspective.... / Live Insect Looping?

From: "Hartung, Kris" <kris.hartung@hp.com> ....what I really wonder is if
someone has used live insects in a live performance setting. It would be
like me bringing my USB enabled microscope, and showing real protozoa and
amoebae on an overhead projector while I was playing...damn, I wish I
could afford to do that....
----
Or better... detect the move (X-Y coordinates) of the beasts in the range
defined by the overhead circle and use this to CC some midi controlled
value (filters, pitch,...).
I think someone (from the nord modular list?) made such an experiment with
an I-cube, a camera, a goldenfish and a water tank.
Cheaper is to use some program like sounder (www.sounder.com) which allow
the audience to "link" an image to the sound produced. You can even use
any picture to represent the bouncing objects, so use a bug if you want to
;-) If someone has other tools in this "trend" I'm interested.
Creating image from sound (VJing) is cool but improvising or generating
sound from on an image is more interresting I think.

Just my 2c,

Ben.