RE: Taylor Expression System

-----Original Message-----
Brian [mailto:Brian@porterresearch.com] wondered:

Gary - do you use the ES?  Thoughts?

--->It's different!
I played it for a friend of mine when I first got it and his words were,
"It
sounds like an electric."  I don't think so . . .
But we are so used to hearing that quacky piezo tone that our first
reaction
is that "it doesn't sound like an acoustic".
I made a CD of cover tunes to give away as a favor at my wedding a year
ago,
and I began the recording process using the ES equipped guitar.  Subsequent
to that, I had to have the guitar worked on at Taylor (they are within half
an hour drive, here in San Diego) and so I continued the process with my
spare acoustic, a 410 with a Fishman.  I could not put up with the
difference in tone on the recording--and I am not a tone purist by any
stretch of the imagination.
The ES is "smooth"--and the tones you can get with the onboard tone
controls
are many and varied.  I am especially glad of this because my main
amplification in my strolling trio is a "tin can", the Anchor Audio
Mini-Vox
http://www.proaudiosuperstore.com/Anchor-Audio-PB25.html and even through
that "joke sound system" I can get a great sound out of the Taylor.
I am craving the T5
http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/t5/feature/Models.aspx?model=standard
, and I haven't even heard it yet!
Gary