Re: Troubleshooting my EDPs and FCB....Again (factory reset guidance)

On Jul 10, 2005, at 19:39, Hartung, Kris wrote:

> I'll give it a try. I was wondering, since my problem only occurs with
> both units, what about using my MIDI splitter to go from the FCB to
> the
> EDPs, rather than to one EDP and then MIDI out of that one to the
> next?
> I would still use the Brother Sync of course.
>
> Kris

So far I only have one EDP, but since no one else is posting I'll put
something in. Have you disabled midi clock sync when you are using
brother sync? Do that by setting both EDPs to "Timing/Sync = Out". I
think it would be a good idea to use a midi split box instead of
daisy chaining the EDPs.

Are you running them in parallel to catch stereo loops (i.e.
recording the same thing into them both, taking audio outputs as Left/
Right)? That's interesting because the small drifting of sync may
create dynamic phasing errors that make the stereo width breathe. Or
are you running them to play two loops against each other? I think I
would do like to that more if I had two EDPs. Setting them to two
different midi channels and have a couple of FCB banks for each one
as well as some FCB banks for trimming the two loops simultaneously.
A third way is to run them in tandem, having the option of recording
the first EDPs output into second EDP, but right now I can't imagine
any good things coming from that.

Will you post your findings?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen