Re: Changing EDP Parameters via MIDI

On Jul 13, 2005, at 23:00, Hartung, Kris wrote:

> Can anyone point me to a primer on if, and how to change parameters
> on the EDP via MIDI?  Rick has me experimenting with Insert=SUB
> with quantize set at 8th notes, which generates some cool effects,
> but normally when I play I want quantize set to OFF.  Can I send a
> MIDI signal to the EDP to change quantize to 8th notes, perform the
> Insert magic, and then turn the quantize back to OFF? I suppose
> this will take three button pushes on my FCB and consequently take
> up three more buttons on the unit….
>
> I suppose I could create a preset on the EDPs with these Quantize
> settings, and select that with a program change, but I was hoping
> to avoid the work of setting that up.

I really don't know if a lot of parameters can be changed over midi.
I think changing program is very convenient with the EDP. Just one
pedal kick will change as many parameters as you want. I play my EDP
with ten different programs: five programs when I play in 4/4, three
in 5/4 and two for 6/8. The 8th/cycle is the parameter I keep
different from program to program. It serves two purposes: kicking
slaved looping devices into a different tempo relation to the EDP and
changing the duration for audio slices I add to loops). There are a
few of the programs with no quantization, but otherwise they are
quite similar.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)