Re: the diatonic-chromatic-noise paradigm

Makes me remember last year when I was reminded (by the advertising
at a festival I was attending) that "some music is interesting
because it sounds unpleasant". That line really made me stop and
think for a while. Now, related to Kris' post you should not forget
that some people listen to music to gain feelings of well being,
while others may also listen to music as a way of undertaking a risky
somewhat painful journey to explore unknown territories.

According to your definitions, Kris, I guess I'm the kind of person
that don't care much about how some music was created.

Of course an exception is conceptual arts, but then it's up to the
artist to make any important concept explicit to the consumer.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)