From: William Walker
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: 8/4/2005 10:22:34 PM
Subject: Dr Zvonar

I'm very saddened to hear of the passing of Richard Zvonar. as many of you know he was a generous and esteemed  contributor to this web site and the world of electronic music, as a performer/composer/educator/designer. I feel fortunate to have gotten to know Dr Z a little bit better in the last couple of years, both from his always insightful LD comments, and from encounters at various Looping events on the West Coast.  He was the first person ( of several, I'm grateful to say)  to come to my defense when Larry Cooperman was flaming me  a few months back, going so far as to spar with Larry off list. We had some funny e-mail exchanges about that one. I miss Dr Z already and I know I'll feel the void when He isn't at the breakfast table following the next Santa Cruz Loopfest, as he has been the last three years. I hope were ever you are Richard, there is a giant modular synthesizer (and a wall of outboard DSPs) for you to play with.
 Ride on Brother

Bill