Re: software that emulates Echoplex DP

Thank you Nico and Krispen for your speedy replies and
the links to looping software.  Wow, that's quite a
list:

Augustus Loop, Mobius, SooperLooper, ELOTTRONIX/XL,
Lexicon PSP 42, Loopy Llama, Ambiloop, AngstroLooper,
Musolomo, Coldcutter, Loopitch, Freewheeling, and
Divine Machine.

I'd like to use the looping software for looping my
voice live-on-the-fly and continuously be able to
morph the loop contents with new vocal overlays going
in and older material disappearing by varying the
feedback (or other control) - at times I also sing
live over loops (that I've just built up live) as
well.

I'm not set up yet with a computer, sound card etc. to
try these out, so I'm hoping to get some reviews of
how these programs work compared to the EDP for live
on the fly application from those who've used them
with live acoustic inputs.

A friend came over and showed me a few looping
programs on his laptop - for some reason we were
unable to get the click/glitch out of Ambiloop at the
'seam' (beginning/ending) of a given loop even turning
the latency way down.  Nor could we figure out how to
make the other loopers useful in the way I want to use
it - that may take time to learn each one to find what
works well for me - so, I'm hoping to minimize some of
the trial and error and get suggestions/advice from
others who've used these in live situations with
acoustic inputs (I mostly use voice, but I imagine the
principles/operation would be fairly similar for any
acoustic instrument, yes?).

Thanks again,

~jim

http://www.spectralvoices.com