Re: [OT] preamp for MD and fieldrecordings

This may not be the response your looking for, but there are several
Flash recorders that are cheaper than DAT with phantom power. The
Microtrack from M-Audio is as cheap as $369, and I'm seriously
considering upgrading from my minidisc. (though I've been very happy
with the minidisc) If you are spending money on preamps anyway. . .

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrack2496-main.html

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net