Re: bose pa speaker thingie

about the bose, Michael Klobuchar wrote:
"the only problem was if you want to go stereo
your lookin at close to $4000 for two speakes and 2 subs"
Don't ever fall for the stereo subs gimmick.   Bass and sub bass
frequencies
are omnidirectional.   There is not stereo bass so there is no need to
purchase two subwoofers.   Even if you have different content in each
speaker it won't be appreciable in the room.
The other thing is that, at least to my ear (which is admittedly old and
gig
damaged) it is really hard to hear fidelity in sub bass sounds unless
there
is distortion (damn, I'm just waiting to have my pseudo science blasted
away
here  by a post from Dr. Z.......:-(
Consequently,  I use expenseive Mackie powered mains but I actually use an
inexpensivehome stereo subwoofer for my gigs (when I haul it all out,
because the Mackies do go down to 40 cycles with impunity.   I just went
the local Circuit City and bought a $200 cube subwoofer that played just
loud enough for the gigs that I normally play.
I used it at my CD release party for my abstract electronica CD, Purple
Hand
and I thought it sounded awesome at the ATTIC.   Did anyone else notice
the
sound quality at that rather huge and boomy room?