From: "Matthias Grob" <matthias@grob.org>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 3:22 AM
Subject: Re: EDP Brother Sync Question

> Barry,
>
>>Hi Kim and all other EDP users - Would you mind answering a brother sync
>>question for me?  I have a newer EDP Pro Plus and my partner has an EDP
>>Pro with max RAM and Loop IV.  I am having trouble getting brother sync
>>work at all.  I have a TRS stereo cable (new cable) connecting them
>b-sync
>>to b-sync.  And both are set to Sync=Out.  I do NOT have a MIDI cable
>>running between them.
>
> all correct
>
>>   I follow the instructions in the manual to the letter but never see
>the
>> sync LED flash in the second unit (no matter which initiates the master
>> loop) and never see the ooo in the display indicating that the slave
>unit
>> is waiting for a sync pulse.
>
> seems you are reading the Loop 3 manual
> you should see the overdub LED become brown at the first sync and then
>the
> time of the master on the slaves display after the second sync pulse.

B-  I don't think it is the Loop 3 Manual.  Brand new echoplex (I traded
up)
and the manual though un-dated, says Digital Pro Plus.  I looked at the
Aurisys Loop IV upgrade manual (from their website) but couldn't find
anything pertinent.  Do you know where I can find the newer manual online
if
this isn't it?

> if this does not happen with the stereo cable and Sync=Out, I guess you
> have a HW problem :-(
>
>>Any idea why this might be happening?  We are desperately anxious to get
>>this working as it is one of the main reason my partner traded up to an
>>Echoplex.  Any ideas or suggestions?
>>
>>Finally, assuming I am able to resolve the first issue, can anyone give
>me
>>more insight into how brother sync handles multiple loops? For example,
>if
>>I have moreloops=2 on the master, but only 1 on the slave, will they
>still
>>sync up and what happens when the master switches to loop 2?  Do I have
>>set the slave in advance to the same number of loops as the master?
>
> no
> but if the loops dont have the same lenght they obviously fall apart.
> so either you make them the same length with Next- Overdub,
>Next-Mulitply,
> Next-Insert, or NextCopy=time/Snd
> or you do ReAlign when you are back to the loop you want to be synced.

B- I think I understand. The re-align function looks useful.