RE: OT: MP3 Sites with Non-mainstream Artists

I encoded all of my CDs (and friends of mine encoded theirs, so I have tons of CDs on my 300 GB disc now) to 128 kbps mp3s using Musicmatch. 128 ("CD quality") is good enough for my old ears but you can choose higher resolutions if you want. Musicmatch looks the CDs up in a database and creates file names etc. - very easy and good for large amounts of CDs.

-Michael
www.michaelpeters.de

I do have most of the CD's (and albums) I'd like to archive.

I started doing so in a minor way by just converting a few records into digital format files--actually wav's. 'Course can't fit that many wav files on a CD but I've been sequencing some of my old favorite songs.

So, I take it there's an encoder on the 'net somewhere that converts to a higher MP3 resolution format.