Re: flexible looper in small package

Travis,

> The always baffling question is why Gibson doesn't step up production
> given the continual high demand for the EDP.

The obvious answer is that there *isn't* a high demand for it! There
is, perhaps, a demand that is marginally higher than the current
supply. But I doubt it would even register a blip on Gibson's marketing
radar.

When I was hunting for an EDP last year I enqired about it in at least
a dozen local music shops (almost all Gibson dealers) as well as
several online shops in Germany, France and the UK. Most had never
heard of the EDP. Of those who had heard of it most couldn't supply one
even if they wanted to because the official Gibson importer *refused*
to import EDPs due to 'lack of demand'. I ended up getting one via
mail-order from the US after a several-month wait ...

If there really were any kind of demand for EDPs, or loopers in
general, you can be sure even Gibson - thick-headed as they are - would
have EDPs in every outlet they could find.

--

  Ian Petersen