Re: minimized loop setup revisited

nice name
___
Adrian Bartholomew
Leawood KS
On Aug 31, 2005, at 2:50 PM, nico spahni wrote:

I'd like to take Rainer's idea of a minimized loop setup one step
further. I'm asking for nothing less than the portable loop setup for
guitar players, i.e. a loop setup - including amplification! - that is
transportable without a car (, which I happen not to have...).

The setup I have in mind is comprised of the following hardware
components:

laptop computer (Apple PowerBook, 1.25Ghz, OS 10.3.9)
amplifier (Roland AC-60)
audio interface (M-Audio Fast Track)
midi interface (Emagic MT4)
midi foot controller (haven't found the right one yet)

The requirements in a nutshell:

loop facilities
possibility to insert AU plugIns
midi control of looper
midi control of plugIns (mainly on/off)
on-the-fly record function to record master out

I've been toying around with various software products and foot
controllers but haven't been successful in implementing all the above
requirements. Especially midi controllability seems to a tough nut to
crack.

I'm looking forward to any comments on this.

Cheers

Nico