multiply -> reverse question

Hi all,

  I went back to the EDP manual to learn some new 'multiply' tricks last
night.  I was trying the alternative ending of following a multiply with
reverse (described on page 5-33) but couldn't get it to work.  I'd go
into multiply mode and hit reverse, but the multiply would just keep
running adding new cycles.  I tried triggering both from the footswitch
and my midi controller but no go.  Other multiply alternate endings were
working for me just fine.  Any ideas?

Dennis