Mini Looping Festival (within a Festival) October 10 & 11 in Padova (Padua), Italy

Mini Looping Festival (within a Festival) October 10 & 11 in Padova
(Padua), Italy

After the Success of the "45 Festival" a 45 hour non stop improvised
music festival in Padova (Padua)  North Italy which featured Tony
Levin, Willie Oteri, Chris Boulet Cookie Morenco, Ronan Chris Murphy
and many others we are gearing up for the "45B side Festival" which has
several artists confirmed including Pat Mastelotto (King Crimson),
Markus Reuter (centrozoon), Willie Oteri, Lives of the Saints,
Schreoder (from Mike Keneally's Beer For Dolphins), possibly Tony Levin
(not confirmed at this time) again  and many others from around the
world. The event is held at Factory 04 http://www.factory04.com/

As part of the festival I am hosting an ambient/looping mornings mini
festival. At 5am each morning the loud jazz/rock/blues etc gives way to
5 or 6 hours of mellow looping and ambient music. Tony Levin described
his experience sitting in with ambient mornings at the last 45 as "30
minutes of perfect music" see a photo of it here
http://www.venetowest.com/gallery/5am.jpg

The nature of these shows is sort of a controlled chaos where the event
is free and open to any one as an audience member or performer, but
with a bit of curating and quality control by the organizers. The
Marquee performers come and go at various times throughout the two days
with no fixed schedule and you get a lot of surprise pairings with
known and unknown players. Musician playing the ambient looping
mornings are also welcome to perform at other times.

Unfortunately this date conflicts with the Looping Fest in Santa Cruz,
but could be a cool alternatives for some Europeans that can not make
the trip to Santa Cruz. Please contact me if you would like any more
info

Ronan Chris Murphy
www.venetowest.com (Production & mixing: King Crimson, Chucho Valdes,
Steve Morse, Terry Bozzio, CGT...)