Re: Boss RC-20XL feature check

> Does the JamMan allow you to do this?  I'm looking at the manual and
> it looks like you also need to press a non-footswitch button to save a
> loop before switching to another loop to prevent the first loop from
> being erased.

> Does the JamMan allow you to do this?  I'm looking at the manual and
> it looks like you also need to press a non-footswitch button to save a
> loop before switching to another loop to prevent the first loop from
> being erased.

You're right. On the Jamman (as on the RC-20) you can't record
a loop and move to the next one with just your feet without losing
the first loop. Fortunately I don't need to use it this way.
I use an Echoplex to record multiple loops on the fly, and
just use the Jamman to play back drum loops. The fact that
you can switch between these as desired using the optional
footswitch is a big improvement over the RC-20 for me. Plus
it has way more capacity and the drum loops I'm using sound
noticeably crisper on the Jamman, presumably due to a higher
sampling rate.

If you other Jamman users are interested, I posted a schematic
in the "files" section of the Jamman Yahoo Group of my FS3X footswitch
in case anyone wants to build their own.