Re: why do we loop?or why play live?

On Oct 8, 2005, at 8:21, Luis Angulo wrote:

> Yes i must admit that ive also had very positive
> curiosity.The funny thing is that at loop shows is
> mostly females who´ve come up to me and said nice
> things...i always thought looping was more of a boy
> with repeating toyz thing...;-)
> Luis

That's a very interesting thing to say! To keep my post short, it
hints at two things that seems to play a major role in how music is
created and appreciated among humans:

1) Women tend to be more open to subtle expression in art (not only
in music).
2) Men tend to have a view more influenced by expression of ego
(others or ones own ego).

So I guess you should take this "female fan base" at your gigs as a
complement! I'm basing this on the presumption that true art has to
rely on a strong female vibe, meaning "being reflective, quick and
balanced".

A funny observation on these different attitudes among men and women
is that women who liked your gig might say "I like your music", while
men often say "impressing performance".

And finally: some men like to play live because they like women, but
that's a different story. Ouch... can't stop writing - I just
realized that this, the paradox in men, is what makes some male art
so interesting! The brutal macho act of showing off ones ego in
combination with the most fragile actual outlet. It's bizarre in all
it's beauty, like a tyrannosaurus balancing on one huge monster toe
while folding perfect origami with its tiny claws.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)