Re: why do we play live? (mini Adrian Belew review too!)

I hear you Ted.  Oh I hear you.  Though, oddly enough
I've enjoyed your performances each time I've seen
you.

Here's another bit:

Why do I go see live music?

Friday I went to see Adrian Belew at Slim's in SF.  As
always Adrian was great.  He seems comfortable and
downright gleeful on stage running through his set.
However, I left thinking I'd never go to another show
again.  Why?  A few reasons.

One: TOO FUCKING LOUD.  I'm sick of going to shows
that are so loud you need ear protection.  Your choice
is then to hurt yourself or hear a muddy muffled
version.  When shows can cost as much as $80 a ticket
(Hi Prince!) you'd think a well balanced audio set up
can be expected, but this is rarely the case in my
experience.  I've been at Adrian Belew and King
Crimson shows that were so loud I needed ear
protection.

Two: Over zealous dancers.  Friday night much of the
time was spent trying to get away from or ignore to
smelly idiots who seem to think that dancing wildly in
a crowded club is OK.  To them: I'm sorry your father
never paid attention to you and I know you feel that
no one loves you, but regardless, we didn't come to
see you so please settle down and enjoy the show.  Do
aerobics at your gym.

Three: I'm 5'7" and my girlfriend is 5'.  We had a
hard time seeing a damn thing most of the night.

So, I've kind of sworn myself off live music for the
time being.  Each time I go I end up disappointed.
Maybe this is why I generally avoid playing live as
well.

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073

http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

http://mail.yahoo.com