AW: OT: Digitech Jamman for sale - a hair from new

Mike,

I think by comparing people talking about EDP or Repeater vs. Digitech
Jamman or Boss RC20XL to knocking down people who don't have a Taylor or
Martin, you are missing the point somewhat.

The way I understood most of the messages dealing with the Digitech
Jamman or Boss RC20XL, these messages said that both devices seem to be
targeted at a somewhat different set of use cases than the ones employed
by the majority of artists here on this list. This has nothing to do
with knocking down anyone because he hasn't a Martin instead of his
Takamine, rather because he has a Martin instead of a Klein and wants to
use it to play death metal.

Worse still, the Digitech Jamman is named after a famous vintage looper,
yet doesn't do the same things the original (Lexicon) Jamman did.

When I first got onto this list, I looped using the delay effects of my
Digitech StudioQuad and the Boss SE-50. Today, I do most of my looping
with the Repeater and/or the DL4 - and I'll have to say that even the
repeater has some serious flaws (think about the can't go from record to
overdub "feature"). And I still believe that cool looping-stuff can be
done with a minimum setup (I'm thinking about trying this for a change)
- and it can be very inspiring (but also very limiting) not to have
certain features at hand.

What are these important features and use cases? This of course depends
on the artist - and it helps to study your own style of using the tool -
there are lots of options on the Repeater (and on the DL4) which I use
all the time, while I don't (or very seldomly) use others.

And with that I'll end: it depends on the player what is important
feature-wise - and that what is a good looper and what isn't.

        Rainer