Re: cheap looper alert: TASCAM CD-VT 1

loop.pool wrote:
> Musicians Friend is blowing out the Tascam CD-VT 1
>
> It is a CD player that has looping functions and speed options for
> vocalists to learn music.

Careful.  I have the CD-GT1 "guitar trainer" which is basically the
same thing.  The GT1 is not smart about doing a cross fade at the loop
point, so it is very easy to get a "click" if the source material
isn't close to silence on either side.  For beats it is probably ok,
but for sustained atmospherics it may be more of an issue.  Other than
that,
the pitch shifting sounded very good to my ears and the effects were ok.

Jeff