Re: Looping back to Krispen's old critics thread (was sorta: usinglaptops formusic"

I've often felt (cynic alert) that that is the exact intent if many
reviewers, particularly in weekly rags where getting people riled up
enough to write a
lette to the editor is all part of the game plan.

Joe

>Making value statements disguised as factual statements gets
>people stoked and look really
>insightful and cool, but also piss everyone off that holds the
>contradictory
>value statement.  The point
>is that writers are smart enough to discern between these two domains of
>writing and now how to
>be insightful without irritating the shit out of 50% of their readers.

Search for businesses by name, location, or phone number.  -Lycos Yellow
Pages