Re: LOOP QUOTATIONS/ANECDOTES

>I got this quotation from a new friend of mine online today and
>loved it and thought it was quite appropos for the
>work we all do.

great!

>You have noticed that everything an Indian does is in a circle, and
>that is because the Power of the World always works in circles, and
>everything tries to be round.....The Sky is round, and I have heard
>that the Earth is round like a ball, and so are all the stars. The
>Wind, in its greatest power, whirls. Birds make their nest in
>circles, for theirs is the same religion as ours....     Even the
>seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back
>again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from
>childhood to childhood, and so it is in everything where power moves.
>
>~Black Elk

Maybe Black Elk did not know or think of spirals? He must have been
aware that noone had ever looked just like him before...

You did not suggest to cite ourselves, but its really what I have...
I am no poet, but a single time, one late night driving back from
mixing that impro, those lirics just came over me and they did fit
amazingly well into the ready music, as you can hear in "Repetition"
at http://matthias.grob.org/pMusic/CDsE.htm#mantra

REPETITION
M. Grob, February 1989

We've found, that rithm is in all
body, mind and even in our soul
air is trembling at the speed of sound
rhythm is in stars and stones around
even as slow as years and ages
turned over like pages
generations - incarnations - revolutions - respirations
some are harmonic, some are sad
some are growing, some go mad
some can feel all the vibes
others just dream in the nights...

But all can be aware
of great power which is there:
all is turning back but never it's the same
all is turning back but never it's the same

That's what creates the illusion of our universe !
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org