Von: Matthias Grob [mailto:matigrob@terra.com.br]
Gesendet: Montag, 31. Oktober 2005 14:14
An: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Betreff: Re: using laptops for music

I am mostly worried about the connectors:
no matter how much metal they put in the box, the connectors are
freely spread arround and stand out and when somebody walks by and
touch it, you have the following options:
- (best) the connector falls out
- the connector breaks
- the socket breaks
- the socket and the PCB break
- the socket and the chip connected to it break (as experienced with
FireWire!)

I think Laptop is great to start and make experiences, but for a
serious touring equipment, we should figure out boxes with big
FireWire sockets, mobile processors, no ventilators and possibly
Flash memory instead of HD

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org