Re: Y2K5 Performance Recordings (new additions from Bill Walker)

How about the stream that I am broadcasting now....will that work? It is streaming from my hardrive, to winamp, and to the Shoutcast server.

Kris

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:11 PM
Subject: RE: Y2K5 Performance Recordings (new additions from Bill Walker)

 >  Plus, to Michael's request, I just found out from the box.net crew that they are working on a system that will stream all of the MP3s as one file. It will be available in two weeks.

cool. Thanks bunches!!

Now I know that you've already put lots of work into this, so please, this is not a feature request, but just in case you feel like setting up simple http streaming yourself before those two weeks:

It should be possible to link to a simple m3u file, even now. Clicking this link would launch an mp3 player in streaming mode. The file would look like this:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:36,Andy Butler: Rick's Intro
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mp3files/00-ricks-intro.mp3
#EXTINF:395,Andy Butler: Kasaundi
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mp3files/01-kasaundi.mp3
and so forth. The number behind EXTINF is the length in seconds.

I'd set the file up for you but I'd have to download all files first, to find out the lengths in seconds. If you have them on your harddisk, you can simply use Winamp and create a playlist which looks basically like the list above - the files need an absolute address though (http://myweb ... and so forth).

best,

-Michael