RE: Line6 DL4 "saving patches"

The DL4's looping functon has an adjustable 800 millisecond delay that you
can apply to the input signal, but you won't have access to any other
effect
when you're in looping mode. You can double the time from 14 to 28 seconds
(which lowers the pitch of what's already been looped by an octave) and
you
can reverse the loop direction (great for 'backwards' sound FX) by single
or
double-clicking on the far right button, but that's it. The DL-4's
primarily
a digital delay that emulates old tape/analog echo pedals. I did love the
simple looping function, tho', and used it exclusively in that mode till
it
broke and could not be repaired