Re: RC-50: simultaneous loops-different lengths?

Sure, I'm not as posessive about that stuff as I am about the big band
synth. I
already started working it out on my PC using the Tapedeck modules in
Reaktor.
Basically there is a big sequencer that you set up for each song. For each
step
in the sequence you tell it what to do using a bunch of buttons. I also
had it
set up to control the switching of the bass and guitar sounds of the
strings on
the guitar (right now I'm using a switch on the guitar to do this).

So I would set up the steps something like this:

1. Play the hi-hat drum loop and run all six strings through the octave
divider
for a bass sound.

2. Do the same as above, but recording the result into tapedeck 1.

3. Play a crash cymbal. Now switch to a drum loop at the same tempo but
with a
ride cymbal. Continue running all six strings through the octave divider.
Record
the result into Tapedaeck 2.

4. Play back Tapedeck 1. Run all six strings through the guitar amp
simulator.
(I would play the tune's head on this part).

5. Play a crash. Play back Tapedeck 2. Continue running all six strings
through
the guitar amp simulator (I would play a solo on this part).

6. Play a crash. Play back Tapedeck one. (I would play the head again on
this
part.

7. Silence (I would play a break on this part, like a Take the A Train
ending or
a BAsie ending.

8. Play a crash. Run the bottom two strings through the octave divider and
the
top four through the amp simulator. (I would play the last chord on this
part).

End of tune. I use a pedal to advance the sequencer to the next step at the
right time.

Pretty cool. Reaktor is the ultimate looping device if it's set up
correctly.

On the NeKo I will also be able to run the Native Instruments B4 program
and
feed it into Reaktor; that way I can lay down a jazz organ accompaniment
and
then play guitar over it.

Eventually I will incorporate the big band synth into it:

http://www.marksmart.net/sounddesign/windsounds/reaktorbigband/reaktorbigband.html

I'm pretty excited about the possibilities!

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net/